The "Tower of the Visitation," fulfilled Mount Angel Abbey's long standing dream to build a bell tower. The tower houses a peal of eight cast bronze bells, the largest of which weighs slightly over 8,000 lbs and is six feet in diameter.
The goal of the design was to make the addition of the 110' tall tower to the existing Monastery Church seamless, so that the tower appeared as if it had always been present. Special care was taken to design a corbelled brick cornice which mirrors similar detailing on the existing church.Mt. Angel Abbey Website
2007 © Soderstrom Architects, Ltd. All rights reserved
1200 NW Naito Parkway, Suite 410 Portland, Oregon 97209
503.228.5617| Site Map